Cultivated Chaga Powder 100g
Expiration date: January 2017
The King of Medicinal Mushrooms,
according to Siberian Shamans
Chaga (Inonotus Obliquus) is a medicinal mushroom most commonly found on birch trees. Different from other mushrooms, it grows its sclerotium or mycelium on the outside of the tree, instead of fruiting bodies. It is believed to not be parasitic, but instead to live symbiotically with the host tree.
Since time unremembered it has been used by the native people that lived in areas where it is found for a wide range of treatments both internally and externally in a poultice. In fact, it was one of the two mushrooms found on Ozti the Iceman.
Chaga May Be One of the Best Medicinal Mushrooms for Healthy Immune Function*
- Reduces DNA Damage*
- Immune System Enhancement*
- Gastrointestinal Support*
- Liver Protective*
- Helps support Optimal Cognitive Function*
- Helps maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels*
- Both a Jing and Shen Tonic Herb according to Chinese Medicine*
Chaga extracts were shown to combat viral infection through inhibition of viral-induced membrane fusion.*
- Superoxide Dismutase (Contains 25 to 50 times SOD as other medicinal mushrooms)
- Betulin and Betulinic Acid
- Polysaccharides including 29+ types of Beta Glucans (Supports Immune System)
- Many Minerals (High in Potassium, Rubidium, Cesium, Zinc, Germanium, Silicon and others. Note that natural cesium is not radioactive and happens to be anti-cancerous and very alkaline.)
- Vitamins B2, B3, K and D2
- Soluble and Insoluble Fibers
Chaga contains vanillic acid which gives it a slightly vanilla like flavor. Thus, you can combine with vanilla extracts to help bring out this flavor.
Here are three methods you can take this Chaga.
1) Brew it in tea. Traditionally 3 to 5 grams are used per pot of tea. Add the chaga to water. Since it is ground up finely your tea can be ready in a few minutes. Alternatively you can leave it to steep for several hours.
2) It is edible so you can consume it raw or blend it into smoothies.
3) The final option is to create a tincture with it.
The raw chaga that we have is a cultivated, mycelium grown, Chaga powder. This is organically grown in the USA and is available at a cheaper price. Contains both the mycelium and fruiting body.
A 100-gram bag contains approximately 23 tablespoons with each tablespoon weighing 4.2 grams.
- Chaga: King of the Medicinal Mushrooms by David Wolfe
- MycoMedicinals: An Informational Treatise on Mushrooms by Paul Stamets
- Chaga mushroom extract inhibits oxidative DNA damage in lymphocytes of patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Immunomodulatory Activity of the Water Extract from Medicinal Mushroom Inonotus obliquus.
- Amelioration of scopolamine induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress by Inonotus obliquus – a medicinal mushroom.
- Aqueous extract from a Chaga medicinal mushroom, Inonotus obliquus (higher Basidiomycetes), prevents herpes simplex virus entry through inhibition of viral-induced membrane fusion.
- Anticancer effects of fraction isolated from fruiting bodies of Chaga medicinal mushroom, Inonotus obliquus (Pers.:Fr.) Pilát (Aphyllophoromycetideae): in vitro studies.
- In vitro antitumor activity and structure characterization of ethanol extracts from wild and cultivated Chaga medicinal mushroom, Inonotus obliquus (Pers.:Fr.) Pilát (Aphyllophoromycetideae).
- Inhibitory effect of chaga mushroom extract on compound 48/80-induced anaphylactic shock and IgE production in mice.
- Orally administered aqueous extract of Inonotus obliquus ameliorates acute inflammation in dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis in mice.
- Inonotus obliquus containing diet enhances the innate immune mechanism and disease resistance in olive flounder Paralichythys olivaceus against Uronema marinum.
- Anticancer activity of subfractions containing pure compounds of Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) extract in human cancer cells and in Balbc/c mice bearing Sarcoma-180 cells.
- Potential anticancer properties of the water extract of Inonotus [corrected] obliquus by induction of apoptosis in melanoma B16-F10 cells.
Product of USA
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
** Superman Herbs test all products on ourselves to verify the claims made by supplier’s and are in the process of getting them independently lab tested to verify contents. These products are not certified organic but would likely pass that inspection if it was paid for. GMO-Free.